posted at10:28 PM by Shiyi
Saturday, November 21, 2015

source from Google

Maybe, too chill for exams. 
Every consultation I go, I ask questions to let tutors feels like I am interested, but, what I want to hear is their point of view after that.
One prof she shared with me, academic is important for us-Singaporeans-because we are brought up in the society that good grades = good job prospect. 
In the mid of discussion, I asked, 'at the end of the day, you still did well which I believe you had 1st class to reach where you are now as a Professor". In her defense, she said was not the smartest and she wanted a different environment hence she pursued her PhD after working at 2 different continents. 

& you know, usually from here onward stories just keep flooding in. 

At the end, there are questions she couldn't answer no because she lost of words but rather she wants me to experience how is it like setting my foot on other soils and challenge myself in different environment and working culture.


To the 2 profs and teaching assistant, you words and thoughts are appreciated and thank you for letting me feel it's okay to be different. 


world.stuff.crap.bs.com
Photobucket
LinShiyi


"the more you hide your feelings, the more they show.
The more you deny your feelings, the more they grow"
By: TwitterButtons.com